Constructs, repairs, restores, and installs structural woodwork and related materials. This is a journey level position. Incumbents in this classification are exposed to restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperature and intense noise inherent to carpentry positions. Incumbents must lift and carry heavy objects.
- Knowledge of commercial construction and remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, cost control, and safety.
- Proficient at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates.
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitate harmonious working relationships during project, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
- Able to organize assigned tasks, for completion alone or with help.
- Able to complete and fulfill paperwork required for personal time sheets in a timely manner.
- 99% of time is spent working at job sites. Some driving is required. Valid driver’s license is required.
- Job requires ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction project.
- Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet, and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
To apply for a position with Excel contact our Human Resources department.
Download: our Application Form (PDF)
E-mail: Send your resume as an attached Word document or PDF file to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Fax: To submit your application or résumé by fax, please fax to: 913-261-0080.
Mail: Mail your résumé to:
8041 West 47th Street
Overland Park, KS 66203
Attention: Human Resources